Thursday, March 24, 2011

Birthday Blast

A couple of weeks ago I celebrated my birthday.
We really didn't have any major plans
Z took me out to dinner the night before my big day, 
gave me a new pair of Toms shoes, 
& then surprised me with a set of 3 pasta attachments
for my Kitchen Aid.

The reason we didn't make any big plans
for my actual birthday is that we were already
committed to working at a fundraiser for
an organization with which Z is involved.

The event? Oh, it was a clay shoot.
I am not a gun person by any stretch,
but the event did raise quite
a bit of money for a very good cause, 
and it was a really interesting and new experience, for sure.
It was a cloudy day, but the landscape was
scenic & peaceful,
 at least until the shooting began.











We were both cold & tired after the morning's events, 
but finding this lovely package in the mail
from friends Matt & Chris was the best surprise!


I decided that I couldn't wait to try my hand
at pasta making, so I took a trip
to Trader Joe's (of course)
to pick up the necessary ingredients
& a bottle of wine.

At the check out, the cashier found out it was
my birthday & gave me a beautiful bouquet of flowers!



It was definitely a birthday of firsts, 
but a very good day, indeed.
(oh & the pasta was divine!)

4 comments:

Melanchthon said...

Beautiful pictures! What kind of camera do you use?

Happy Belated Birthday

Hannah Q. Parris said...

Thanks! Right now I'm using a Fujifilm FinePix S2000 HD.

Diana Mieczan said...

Happy belated Birthday, my dear. Those photos are amazing!!!Kisses and hugs

Matt Keadle said...

I especially like the one of the anterlish things in the sky.