Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Rainy days

It's been raining, on and off, for the past day or so, and they say we'll probably be seeing scattered showers and storms for the next week or so. I know that for some people, rain means destruction, for others, new life. For me, I love a good thunderstorm and a break from the heat. Somehow storms make me feel better, like I'm able to release some of my stress into them and watch it rush down the windows in rivulets. Now, if the storm knocks out power or fries my computer so that I can't do my work...But for now, I am glad for the rain and the clouds.

I have been pretty overwhelmed with school and work lately (or since I started them). I am, however, working to manage my time more effectively so that I can get my work done and still have some time for other things that make me happy. Already I'm feeling much more efficient and less stressed. Yesterday, for example, I tied on my apron and made a really great pasta dish with portobello mushroom caps, edamame "pesto", whole edamame, the baby eggplants (from previous post), fresh tomato slices, parsley, thyme, and topped off with grated parmesan, and served with an organic red leaf salad on the side....so good.


And as a surprise for me a few days ago, Zach brought home these lovely orange and white flowers (for Clemson, of course). That man makes me happy!

I hope that this week brings you all happiness, in whatever form it may take.

1 comment:

Mike and Beth said...

YOU make me happy, Hannah girl!