Saturday, January 07, 2012

In remembrance.

This morning was grey & cold
with the promise of snow
rolling in over the Front Range, 
seemingly mirroring my own
state of mind.

As I walked along the paths
by the Boulder Reservoir, 
my thoughts turned
to my family in NC.
This afternoon they buried my
Pop Pop, 
and I was saddened not to be
there with them to celebrate his life.

Being out in the brisk fresh air, though, 
I was reminded that even in the 
grey midwinter, we are surrounded
by beauty & life, 
and I am thankful.












2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

So sorry for your loss, sweet Hannah. I love you and you and your family are in my thoughts.

Betsy said...

Sorry to hear of your Pop Pop. YOur dad had a wonderful sermon last Sunday about him and made all of us realize what a great person he was. Sympathy to you! ! !