Wednesday, April 23, 2008

What in the world is going on?

With the semester and school year winding down it seems that life is moving at warp speed. So I thought I'd give you a list of what all is going on:
  • I am finishing up a paper for two classes (Theology of Martin Luther King, Jr. and Ethics and Politics in the African American Community). It's a research paper connecting the anthropology of King and Adam Clayton Powell, Jr using Reinhold Niebuhr's Christian Realism.
  • Hannah has turned in her resignation at work and will finish up there on May 9th.
  • We are excitedly preparing to work at Caroline Furnace Camp in Fort Valley, VA for the summer.
  • I just finished a paper for my Israel's Prophets class on Ezekiel 34, its Ezekiel using the metaphor of the good shepherd.
  • I just finished up my ministry-in-context project where I led a class introducing folks to Islam. It culminated in having an excellent Muslim guest from Northwestern.
  • I am preparing to preach on May 4th on the ascension. [So I'll take suggestions on handling God going up in the comments section.]
  • Hannah has committed to attending to the University of South Carolina in the fall, so we'll be in the Columbialand are next year. I'll be doing internship somewhere there. Maybe we'll find out soon.
  • Hannah has fiddle class graduation tonight, it should be awesome, its at a bar called the Hungry Brain.
  • The band I'm playing in (!TeamMusic!) will play our first show on Tuesday night at Jimmy's.
  • Also, I am considering how to move our stuff halfway across the country in a few weeks.
So that's whats up. I think Hannah will have a picture post soon.
Peace, Zach

No comments: